VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 04:14:58 -0400
Hello Fellow Listers:

I recently came across an old talking clock-timer and would like to be able
to use all of its features. This unit is about three inches square with a
magnetic clip on the back. Actually, its not a clip; its a support so that
the unit can be placed in an upright, angled position. This clockp-timer has
a visual display across the top with two exposed rows of three rectangular
push buttons below this window. Below these rows is a hidden section of
controls consisting of a three-position slide switch at the left and two
rectangular push buttons at the right. These controls are accessed by
grabbing narled holds on the sides of the unit and pulling down to release
the covering plate. Lastly, the unit has a four-position slide switch along
the right-hand edge, with settings from top to bottom as follows: count-up
timer, count-down timer, clock, and clock set.

If memory serves (and my experience shows), the count-up feature of this
unit does not speak, and hence this feature is inaccessible to a totally
blind person. I do remember that it was possible to set different alarm
sounds on this unit, but I absolutely cannot determine how to do that?

Any help appreciated, and my apologies in advance for this being off topic.

John

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]