VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:07:04 -0500
Hi, everyone.
I thought I'd update you on what I just learned re playing DVDs on
the computer.

Upon testing a DVD in my computer - an HP machine running Windows
Media Center - something called InterActual Player got launched,
which appeared to be completely inaccessible, mainly due to the fact
that none of the buttons were labeled.  The movie played
automatically, though, for whatever that's worth.

When exploring the disk from within My Computer, I was able to get
into a directory where it appeared that the movie was broken up into
scenes.  I was then able, from within Windows Media Player, to go
from scene to scene.  Though I saw a directory called Commentary, I
wasn't able to do anything with those files because they were in a
format that Windows Media Player couldn't play.

There was also a program called WinDVD that could presumably play my
DVD.  But when I tried to do this, I was asked whether I was sure I
wanted to change regions - whatever THAT means.  I got scared and
cancelled out of it.

Thanks again to those of you who shared your experiences and advice.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]