From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:15:45 -0500
Karen,

The rash seems to be when I eat fresh coconut, coconut milk or
coconut oil.  The oil I have is from Now brand which seems to be a
pretty good brand.  I am not definite that the rash is from coconut.
Eventually, I will probably go back to trying to use coconut and see
if the rash comes back.  A skin doctor told me that the kind of rash
I have is due to fluctuating testosterone levels.  So the coconut may
not be causing the rash, but it does seem to make it flair up.  I
tried putting it on the rash and the rash got real bad.

I can find duck and goose at Meijers which is a common store where I
live (Ohio).  Also, Walmart carries goose where I live.

I do not use pork, lamb or beef drippings although I do eat quite a
bit of lamb.  Goose and duck fat has a different consistency which I
prefer.  I believe that it is lower in saturated fat and higher in
monounsaturated fat than pork, lamb and beef fat.

I do also use olive oil. I have so much goose fat however right now
that I am trying to get through it.  The olive oil that I prefer is
somewhat expensive (but very tasty - I think the brand is Tazzos, or
something like that, and comes from Crete; has the richest taste of
any olive oil that I have tried).  Therefore, in part it is a cost
saving measure.  Also, though, I tend to have low body temperature
(low thyroid function).  I have experienced the goose and duck fat as
being much more warming than olive oil.  Also, my nails have
seemingly become much stronger than when I was using olive oil.