ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:58:55 -0700
Hi!

This morning at church, the pastor talked about the passage in John 5 about
the lame man at Bethesda.  Jesus asked him if he wanted to get well.  The
pastor enterpreted that to mean, "Are you willing to do what I ask of you,
the imposible?"  He mentioned the importance of studying and memorizing
God's Word, which can change our lives.  It fit me, because I've asked God
to heal me some more, but I haven't been reading God's Word regularly, so am
I willing to do that to be healed?

then tonight we had a progressive dinner, in which we met at the pastor's
house for appetizers, split up into groups to go to another house for the
main course, then met again at another house for dessert, and they showed a
slide.  Maybe some stayed to play pictionary, but some of us left.  I left
because my ride had a ways to get home and it was getting late.  Anyway, we
had a couple of discussions, one of wich was telling what the Lord has
taught us in the past year.  I had the opportunity to share about Phil's
ministry, give a description of my condition, and that the Lord has shown me
personal things.  The pastor said he was glad that the Lord was helping me.
It was a nice time and a chance to get to know people a little.

Sharon