ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:23:32 -0500
April,

Your poem, which is very creative and quite good I might add, reminded me
immediately of David. A couple scriptures below and a thought...

"O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Be
merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in
agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long? Turn, O LORD,
and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. No one remembers
you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave? I am worn out from
groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch
with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my
foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my
weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden
disgrace."-- Psalms 6

"How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my
thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy
triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my
eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has
been good to me."-- Psalms 13

Many times we think of David as this strong icon of a man. Slaying Goliath
with only a few stones, overcoming platoons of men in battle, being the
leader of those who were come to be known as "David's Mighty Men" and were
the war hardened warriors of the day to be wreckoned with. Yet we see here
he soaks his couch with tears and wonders "How long Lord, how long". What
seems as a weakness in the tears and open cry for help to sustain oneself
really proves to be a display of equal strength of that of all his fights
and wars. It is just a fight and war of a different nature. Nonetheless he
seeks God in them all and I see a very strong resemblance in you and just
as David sought god, God's strength and God's protection, yet stood very
strong despite the tears, so are you April and we stand with you. I have
moved enough times in live to know that when you move it is not just the
familiarity with the house that changes but the people in the
neighborhood, acquaintances and etc. that also change. I can say because
of those moves I've lost touch with some folks yes, but I've also gained
some friends which I bet will be there for life and my knowing them was a
great comfort and benefit to me personally. Anything worth while is worth
fighting for, your peace and joy certainly is so we stand in prayer with
you for God's hand in your situation.

Brad