From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:11:51 -0500
you have to go in the menu and set a function button as the enter button but
once you do that it has direct frequency entry. I used the D button since I
don't need a 1 MHz button on the mic anyway and that's the default.
Personally I think enter as default would be a lot better but oh well, it's
set how I like it and when I get my bills down a little more, I very
seriously am thinking about grabbing another one for backup, or my
downstairs 2 meter station I've been wanting to set up for many years now.
My mobile that the Kenwood TM-271 is replacing was like your icom, it didn't
have direct freq entry, very fun while on the road to try to go to a
frequency some one asked me to go to. I can only imagine how it would be for
some one driving, and now even spinning the knob is useless on that radio
for the most part which is why I got the Kenwood to replace it.