From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:50:25 -0500
Dunno if it plays through a speaker or phones; don't have the
requisite 3/32 inch plug for the speaker connection, nor do I have a
Kenwood speaker/mic. However, checking for transmit should be easy
enough to do, and I haven't done it yet. Well, I just did, and it
does. Transmits, I mean. So I expect all that's happened is the
speaker got disconnected. Could be that the keypad is slightly askew,
as the joystick seems a little odd (but that could be psychological).
Anyway, the good news is that it should be fixable in a short amount
of time, necessitating only the minimum amount of paid service. Too
bad I don't know who around here does microsurgery; even if I did,
these things are so tiny these days, most people would be very
reluctant to do anything!