From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:42:27 -0400
Hi Gail,

Well, not quite hardly.  The thing to remember is that if you are sending in
plain text only, but if you have your default mail settings set to send
automatically, then you must also have a number of settings--frankly I
forget which ones--set so that you get a squawk screen asking you if you
want to send in plain text or HTML--assuming as do most people--that your
default settings for general sending of messages is to send in HTML.
Otherwise the message will be sent in HTML and the gibberish will appear--as
it did in your last message.  That's why, I have very little automation on
my system.  My default is to send in HTML, but I never have the messages
sent automatically.  So what happens is after I send a message to this list,
I am immediately prompted--even before the message appears in my outbox that
asks me whether I want to send in text or HTML.  I press the text button and
everything is OK.

Of course you could set your general settings to send all messages
regardless of address in plain text.  This would permanently fix the
problem, but you couldn't send clickable links or if desired embedded sound
or pictures--if that's a big deal for you.

Take care.
The Scourge Of Authoritarianism Is Intellectualism