From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 06:12:02 -0400
I'm posting this to the list in case anyone else ever need this.  BTW, I got
this from one of the 7600 lists on Yahoo.  Here are the notes as I received
them from the Yahoo list.
Regards, Ken -N5SWR
From top to bottom, left to right:

1st row: HOLD slider (to block keys), SLEEP button, POWER button

2nd to 5th row: keypad in the order 1 - 2 - 3, 4 - 5 - 6, 7 - 8 - 9 and
finally DIRECT - 0 - EXE. There's a small blip on the case next to the 5.

Rows 1 through 5 are right next to the display.

6th row: Below 0 and EXE, you find the PAGE and SCAN buttons for memory
operation in a rather peculiarly shaped area.

7th row: A bit lower and to the left of the memory buttons you'll find the
FM/AM button in a slightly larger opening.

8th row: Right next to the speaker grille you can find the two longish
rectangular STANDBY MEMORY A and B buttons.

9th row: Finally, near the bottom corner of the front panel there are three
little round buttons, namely ENTER (with a little hole in the center), ERASE
and AM BAND. The lower right corner is reserved for the tuning buttons in a
circle segment arrangement, two outer ones (usually for larger tuning steps)
and two inner ones (for smaller steps), the latter of which you can't press
both at the same time.

All in all, I would say Sony's engineers have done a pretty good job in
making the set suited for blind people. Only clock operation does not seem
very friendly in this regard (not really a new problem actually).

For the sake of completeness, the controls at the sides are listed top to
bottom in the manual. And if you should be wondering what the only button on
the left side of the front is good for, that's the LIGHT button for display
lighting...

Stephan