VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:48:24 -0500
Hello:

I'm trying to write an article for the knowledge base we
are creating.  As many people use AT&T Yahoo for their e-mail, I want
to write an article on how they need to change their e-mail programs
per a request AT&T Yahoo has sent out.  Basically, they are asking that
AT&T Yahoo users change their POP and SMTP server values as well as
setting the server ports to 995 and 465 and checking that these are SSL
servers.

I know how to guide someone to make these changes in Outlook and
Outlook Express.  My question is, how does one make these changes in
Eudora?  I found in Eudora 7.1 where to change the POP and SMTP values,
and I found under checking mail and sending mail categories where one
can say that an alternate port is required.  What I haven't been able
to find is where you tell that the server requires SSL and where you
enter an alternate port number such as 995 and 465.  Can anyone help
with this?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)