Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 07:05:57 -0800
8bit
From:
Can someone point me in the right direction so I can learn more about ratios of protein, fat and veggies in a diet?

I have read that too much protein is harmful and that not enough can be harmful. Just curious on what info is out there to help decide on portions and ratios of veggies to meats.

William <[log in to unmask]> wrote: On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:28:39 -0500,  wrote:

> I subscribe to Phinney's "optimum therapeutic window for human
> metabolism" whereby about 15% of daily energy expenditure is taken as
> protein.  The other 85% or so should be fat.  (Remember that's as
> *calories*, not weight or volume).

Something I don't  remember seeing is how to estimate the right proportion
of fat without weigh scales or other test equipement.
Not really needed, as I can guesstimate tablespoons, cups, gobs, quarts
etc., but for instance if we have a one pound beefsteak, how much in
volume should be fat to make 85%?

William