Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:45:53 -0400
I concur with Lou's thoughts here.  My solution for a dipole in the trees is
to put an outdoor scrreen-door type spring or loop two of them together at the
end of each insulator and then run the rope from the other end of the spring.
This allows the antenna to stretch and sway, and should help it remain aloft
unless a limb crashes down on it.  But, like Lew said, if that happens, most
any other antenna would be knocked out too.

I think that is the simplest, as very few verticals perform well without a
good radial system, unless you mount it right at ground level.

Steve, K8SP