From:
Denise Loehr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Loehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 01:59:13 -0500

O.k., Here we go...

The hamburger bun rings that I use are actually called English muffin
rings. They can, now be found at www.cooking.com  , www.amazon.com ,
www.birdshillenterprises.com (could order some), or possibly at some local
hardware store (kitchen area) or large kitchen supply stores.

Others use tuna fish cans for there hamburgers or have bought mini
springform pans at wal-mart for $3.19ea..  King Arthur Flour also has some
hamburger bun pans that people seem to be happy with,
www.kingarthurflour.com or shop.bakerscatalogue.com

As for the Hotdogs, King Arthur Flour has hotdog pans too
(http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/Bun_Pan___Hamburger.html ), I’ve
heard mixed feelings about those.  It must depend on your dough, for these
pans to work.  The pan is a bit shallow, so for a more runny dough or
batter it doesn’t give the direction of going up.  Chicago Metallic has
some pans too, they look a lot like the Bakers Catalog or King Arthur
Flours ones.

Many suggested bending the rings, but the problem with that the bun is a
bit small.
Twinkie forms were also mentioned, those too are on the smaller side.  (I
might get these to make a GF twinkies…that could be fun)  These were found
at William-Sonoma

Mini Bread loaf pans were suggested to, I found a neat one at this website
that I might get http://www.jungleshop.com/kitchen/kitchenaid-silicone-6-in-
1-loaf-pan-with-sled-red/B0000DC64JID.html , I think it would work well for
brats. Or this mini cake pan
http://www.cyberpantry.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?
products_id=896

Large cookie cutters reshaped to a hotdog bun form, is what another person
does and works well for them.

One had bought a drawing with the dimensions on it the to a sheet metal
shop and had them make a bunch (inexpensive), I’ll be doing this.  Or
possible myself or someone I know who’s handy like that.  This is really
what I want and think will work the best.  Maybe you’ll see me marketing
these and selling them through the internet. Ha, ha, ha.

Thanks for all the input and hope this helps others too,
Denise

Oh and for those who wondered how I make my buns:
I use Kinnikinnick Bread & Bun Mix for my hamburger buns.  They’re very
nummy, moist, non crumbly and easy to make, just add water and bake for 30
minutes.  I was also told that Kinnikinnick’s Tapioca Bread Mix makes good
buns too and no pan is needed, they just form them into balls for the
hamburger buns and they work great…I wonder if one couldn’t form them into
long oblong strips for hotdog buns, I’m going to try it.
Manna from Anna bread mix is also really good for hamburger buns and would
work awesome for hotdog buns, I’m thinking.  That's a great mix.