From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:03:03 -0800

Hi All,

I did not get any answers on what setting to use for my new Breadman breadmaker for Manna from Anna breadmixes........However, I think I figured it out.

Quite a few people wanted to know how it all worked out because they were considering purchasing this breadmaker as well.

So, after consulting with a friend who uses a Zojirushi breadmaker with sucess, I came up with the following:

Using Manna from Anna mix....

Follow directions on the back of the mix except I used 2 eggs and 2 egg whites (3/4 cup of egg)
I also use dough enhancer

On the Breadman Ultimate.....

Using the Custom Settings mode I programmed......

3 minutes - kneading 1
12 minutes - kneading 2
90 minutes - rising time
NO Punching
NO 2nd or 3rd rising
52 minutes - baking time

The loaf came out beautifully.  Even top and evenly browned.  The inside of the bread didn't have any holes or imperfections.  The sides were a bit caved in, but it did not affect the loaf much and there may be a solution for that.  I will have to work on it.  The loaf  made approximately 12 large size slices of bread.  They are large enough that my daughter probably will only need 1 slice for a 1/2 sandwich in her lunch.

The total program from start to finish was 2:37 minutes not including cooling time.

So, overall I am happy with the breadmaker.  I think I'll keep it.

Good Luck,

Beth Kassis
El Dorado Hills, CA