From:
Cooper-Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cooper-Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:26:20 -0500

After reading Maureen's message about contaminated oat cereals, I thought  it
would be appropriate to mention my own experience with cereals. As usual, when I shop,  I
read every ingredient on every cereal box. Lately, one thing has become obvious: Cereal manufacturers are now adding BARLEY to cereals. Maybe they always did and I just never noticed. But barley, of course, is one of the four offending grains (BROW = barley, rye, oats, wheat). Even makers of rice cereals have been adding barley.

With all of our emphasis on wheat (it IS quite prevalent in the U.S.),
perhaps we sometimes forget about the other grains. When we contact the
manufacturers, we probably should mention the other grains, too, so they
don't get the idea that wheat is the only problem.

Gail in Houston