From:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:27:10 -0400

A short time ago I posted a message I had sent to Bugaboo Creek Steak
House regarding the sauce they use for their ribs. Below is their reply
along with a follow-up series of questions. I'll keep you posted.

Dick in CT

-------------------------------

As a follow up, below you will find our ingredient statement for our
Barbeque Sauce that you had previously requested.
Please contact me if you have any addition questions.

Bugaboo Creek Barbeque Sauce
Ingredients: Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Water, Sugar, Molasses,
Salt, Contains less than 2% of: Modified Foods Starch,
Garlic Juice, Natural Smoke Flavor, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium
Benzoate as preservatives, Caramel. Onion, Spice

Warm regards,
Meredith Canaway

Thank you for getting back to me. I do have further questions, however.
Modified Food starch can be from wheat. It's usually from corn, but not
always.  Caramel coloring is not always gluten free. What is "natural
smoke flavor"? Some spices have gluten in them also.

I don't mean to be a pest, but I hope you can see how difficult it is
for people with Celiac Disease to go gluten free.