From:
Andrew Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:49:36 -0500

BlankI am definitely overweight and was when diagnosed as is one of my
daughters. Another daughter, granddaughter and grandson were and are
slim. We are all celiacs. The one slim daughter is a doctor and was the
first diagnosed celiac, so insisted we all be tested.  I had no idea
because I was asymptomatic and a 'slug'. I just never felt on top of the
world and had been diagnosed as fibromyalgic and a hypochondriac.
Little did 'they' know nor did I.
~~
I was about 50 pounds overweight, and lost that 50 pounds within 6 months of
going GF.  I kept it off until I started eating a lot of the processed GF
muffins, cookies, etc.  Then put on about 30 pounds.  I've been GF for 2 1/2
years.

~~
I was and am overweight.  Weight has been a problem for me most of my adult
life.

I was diagnosed after a blood test showed I was low-iron anemic.  I don't
have any of the other classic symptoms.

~~
me
~~
My husband has celiac and though he's not overweight, he's not skinny
either.  When he was diagnosed, he was the right size for his height and
body frame.  I heard the same thing you did which made the whole ordeal hard
to believe, however the doctor confirmed his Celiac through a biopsy.