From:
Sandra J Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 05:18:36 -0400

Feel that we all can relate to upsetting situations where gluten-free
meals have been ordered for a flight and turned out as failures.

This might just get corrected if each one of us followed/s through
just a bit further.  Don't just put the blame somewhere and complain
but take the time to try to make a change.

- A letter to the airline involved would be helpful. Be sure to list
flight, time, when gf meal was requested. Names of cabin staff if
available etc.  Provide as much information as possible.  Write
the letter in a firm but positive way.
- Provide gluten-free information for a possible gf meal on a future
flight.  Maybe even disect the meal you were served, by giving gluten-
free suggestions for that same meal.  Do something positive and try
to help make the change.
- Try to learn who/where to make personal contact at the kitchen
prep sight.  Offer to send guidelines for gluten-free meals, brand
names for certain foods, sources for gluten-free f lour etc.
- Don't give up...keep trying to make this change.  It will benefit
you and others as well.

I'm not saying that each flight meal with be totally gluten-free from
now one, that you will never have another problem but at least you can
try to correct it.

I realize it will take LOTS more time than many folks are willing to
put out and feel that if we each can't do our part to help each other
on a gluten-free diet then don't complain!

Sandra J Leonard ([log in to unmask])
GF Baker  Fairborn, OH USA