Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Charlotte Ward-Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 12:59:08 +0100

My severly anaemic elderly mother in Ireland is about to return to a gluten-free diet (having been diagnosed with CD in 1999 but been off the diet for 3 years).
She has few gut symptoms but is severely underweight with multiple autoimmune conditions, of which currently her Sjogrens Syndome is the most problematic.
She has been prescribed iron tablets as, although she has had succesful B12 injecions in the past, a dangerous reaction to the last one apparently now rules them out (anyone know more about this?).
I can give her lots of advice on improving iron uptake (more red meat, Vit C, not taking tea at the same time etc) but would be grateful for any advice on the best forms of oral iron for someone who does not tolerate iron tablets well and whose already very poor appetite is also affected.
Charlotte, Oxford