ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:23:01 -0600
I went and got my hair cut today.  Louie is nearly 70 years of age, or maybe
he is by now, but you'd never know it.  Today he told me how he became a
Christian.  He said somebody must have started praying for him because, all
of the sudden, preachers and pastors and priests started coming in for hair
cuts.  Most of them began witnessing to him and most of those that did, told
him that he was on his way to hell.  None of them made it passed first base
until a man came in one day and as Louie was cutting his hair, asked him why
he didn't give up his sinful life style and become a Christian.  Louie said,
"Why should I?  I have it made.  Every night I play in bars with my friends.
I work 45 minutes and then get a 15 minute break every hour I am working.  I
get to play my guitar.  I enjoy singing.  I get to drink on the job.  I get
paid good money just to have fun.  Why give all that up?"  The man
encouraged him to go to church anyway because he didn't have to give up
anything.  Louie was surprised.  He thought, because his grandmother had
taken him to church almost every day of his life, sort of speak, that you
had to give up everything for Jesus.  So, Louie told me that he started
looking for a church.  Nearly all the churches he visited, he found people
who he felt were no better than the people in the bars.  So, he decided he
must be going to the wrong churches.  He decided to find a church like the
one his grandmother used to always take him to and so he did.  Soon he heard
the Gospel and came to know Christ; making Him the Lord and Savior of his
life.  It wasn't long thereafter that the bars didn't seem right so he
turned all that over to the Lord.  His barbershop, at that time, simply
would not financially survive, he told me, without all the money he was
making playing the bars.  Soon the barbershop grew.  Now he plays on the
worship team in his church.  You couldn't pay him enough money to return to
the life of playing in the bars.  He said something very simple to me but,
oh, so true.  He said, "You should be willing to give up your life for the
Lord and live for Him since He gave up His life for you."  There it is, in a
nutshell.  If we have no other reason to live Godly, with Christ as our Lord
and Savior, the fact He gave his life for us should be enough.  So how do we
become personally related to Christ as Lord and Savior?  first, look up
First Corinthians chapter 15 and read the first 4 verses.  That is the
Gospel you must believe.  Secondly, look up Romans chapter 10 and read
verses 9 and ten.  That is how you become born again.  How do you then live
this out in your life.  Louie wondered that, too.  He found out by becoming
born again.  The Lord filled in the answers he had about living for Christ.

Phil.

Where there is pain, there is belief.  Real Truth is painless.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com