ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:39:29 -0600
From: Bill and Betty Samuel
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 11:27 AM
Subject: AGREE OR DELETE

AGREE OR DELETE

This is by a daughter of a murdered couple in Raytown who had a Bible and
Bookstore on 63rd street.

Just one more example

When I had to testify at the murder trial of my parents a week ago, I was
asked to raise my right hand. The bailiff started out "Do you swear to tell
the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

I stood there and waited but she said nothing. She said "Do you?" I was so
stunned I blurted out "What happened to 'so help me God'?" She came back
with "Do you?" I replied "yes", but I was perplexed. Then the judge said
"you can say that if you want to." I stopped, raised my right hand, and
finished with "So help me God!" I told my son and daughter that when it came
time for them to testify, they should do the same.. It's no wonder we have
so many problems in this country. If I'd had my wits about me I'd have told
them that taking God out of the courtroom is only going to result in more
criminals and murderers like him being in there! I don't know what can be
done about it, but it's time we stepped up and did something.

CNBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest number
of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls and the
percentage was the same as this: 86% to keep the words, 14% against. That is
a pretty commanding public response. -

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is
your turn. ... It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I
have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having
"In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Why don't we just tell the 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!

If you agree, pass this on, if not simply delete..

May you have a blessed day in the Lord.