VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:58:57 +0100
I have been communicating with Gary Moulton from Microsoft's
Enable Division on the subject of accessibility (or rather
the lack of) with this program.

Gary tells me today that they are working on this aspect for
Beta 2, but as yet is unable to provide a release date for
same.

George.

List
Hoad
> Sent: 30 June 2005 16:41
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [VICUG-L] Microsoft Antispyware program update
>
> Hi!
>
> I know this product, in beta, has been discussed as having

> poor accessibility here before, but I'm wondering if
anyone
> has tried the newest update!
>
> The Microsoft Antispyware program, which is now in late
Beta.
> It's a free download, and is recommended for anyone
running
> Windows 2000 or XP (it doesn't work on Windows 98/ME). It
> works much like an antivirus program, always running in
the
> background to detect spyware activity, doing periodic
system
> scans, and updating itself with info about the latest
> spyware. Many say it works as well as any spyware program
> they've tried, and the price is right. You can get the
free
> download at:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/de
fault.mspx

> This is a newly-updated version of the program
(6/24/2005),
> so if you already have it installed you should also go to
the
> download page and get the latest edition.  You don't need
> uninstall what you now have -- the update will install
right
> over the older version.
> Comments?
>

> posting from Windsor Maine;