VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pratik Patel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pratik Patel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 11:47:56 -0400
Don,

There are two models I would suggest you look at.  The first one is the Juliet manufactured and sold by Enabling Technologies (www.enablingtech.com)  and the second one sold by Sighted Technologies called the Index Basic D.  having worked with both models, I personally prefer the Juliet Pro because of the quality of Braille produced by the embosser.  The Index tends to crush the Braille when embossing interpoint.  There isn't a significant price difference between the two.  You may choose to look at the Index based on support and other factors.  I would highly recommend that you speak with company reps to see what support options fit your situation the best.

I hope this info helps. Please let me know if I can answer other questions.

Regards,

Pratik