VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:49:23 -0500
Tom raises the 2 points with which I have problems with programs such as
this.
One is that no single database can be expected to keep on top of
everything; it's physically impossible unless one eats, sleeps and drinks
everything internet radio, is willing to give up a life, and then you
still likely you will miss changes, new additions and all the rest.
I personally prefer using my own hardware synthesizers be it a TripleTalk
PCI on a desktop or a TripleTalk usb on a notebook.
Self-voicing applications, in theory, sound nice but they tend to have
limitations out of necessity and, of course, don't play into one's own
personal preferences when it comes to speech which is like choosing bbq
ribs, pizza, or ice cream -- everythin is personal choice with no right or
wrong answers.

I too wish the program developer success as obviously the more choices the
better.
And if it makes life simpler for some, great!

All that concerned me was the suggestion, as part of the program hype,
that internet radio was next to impossible for blind listeners to gain
access to.
That most certainly isn't the situation!!!

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]