From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:10:07 -0700
Hi Peggy--

I assume that, since you have a router, you also have
another computer...If so, does the other computer have
an internet connection thru the router? If yes, then
the problem lies with the PC, not the router. (Try
enabling the NIC in Network Connections--or if it is
already enabled, disable, reboot, and reenable) If no,
it is an issue with the router, probably
configuration. You will need to contact Linksys for
very precise instruction...If disabling/enabling the
NIC doesn't work, try connecting the laptop directly
to the cable modem. if that works, it is a router
issue. A good powercycle never hurt ;) Like Hugh said
power down all PCs, power down the router and the
modem. Reboot in this order: modem, router, PCs. Also
check the physical connections are correct... from the
modem the ethernet cable should be connected to the
WAN or Internet port, usually separated from the other
ports. Each PC connects into any of the other ports.
Also, if the physical connections are correct, try
swapping the cables...I would make sure the ethernet
cable that came with the modem goes from modem to WAN
on the router. Normally it doesn't matter, but if you
by chance, have a straight-through cable and a
crossover cable, it could be making it go screwy.

Hope it helps!
Amy Ledford

http://mail.yahoo.com