From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 06:40:16 -0500
hi CCha833929, I am not sure if this will help because it is not clear from your post whether you are able to load windows at all or not(your post says you are trying to reload.) assuming you are able to load windows take the following steps

(1)click "start" and then "run"
(2)in the box type "regedit" without the quotes
(3)click on +  sign next to H_KEY_LOCAL MACHINE.
(4)From the scroll down list click + sign next to "software"
(5)from the scroll down list click + sign next to "microsoft"
(6)from the list click on + sign next to "windows"
(7)from the list click on "current version"

If you will notice the contents on the right hand pane of the window somewhere at the bottom you will see the product key. perhaps you can match and see whether what you typed originally matches. wish you the best and have a nice day
venkat viswanathan

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com