ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:58:56 -0500
Phil,
         Boy, this post makes me feel like we are just echoing your
household.  I'm with you on the illegal thing too.  Chris isn't off
probation yet so, he could end up in jail as well for thirty
days.  Of course, I'm, praying that it doesn't come to that.  What
parent wants to see that happen?  No good parent that I know of.
         Last night, at church, we had a guest come in to do a
concert so Greg was able to sit with me and the other three kids, as
a family.  this is a rare treat in the life of a pastor's
family.  Then, after church, we came home and read scripture and sang
around our advent wreath.  We were enjoying being a family.  Nobody
was swearing at us and telling us how stupid we are or what losers we
are or anything.  While I was enjoying the moment, and it really was
wonderful, I couldn't help but think in the back of my mind how,
instead of peaceful, if Chris was here, this time would have the
potential to be come a very stress filled, rather then joy filled
one.  I am committed to keeping the peace going in my house.  If that
means keeping Chris at a distance, so be it.  That is his choice, not
mine.  I'm just responding, I believe appropriately, to the decisions
that he has made.
         I know what you mean about talking tough too.  If someone
else wants to walk in my shoes and carry the knot in the pit of my
stomach, when I think of him, they are welcome to it.  I just keep
remembering that my goal is peace.  I also keep remembering what you
said about Chris not having the right to set the agenda in my
home.  Thoughts like that help keep me going.
Kathy