ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:04:06 -0700
Well, we went and saw our 10 year old grandson pass his first degree Karate
belt test today.  At the end of the test, which lasts three to four hours
normally, they all break boards using different hand and foot kicks.  So the
whole thing is pretty interesting to watch.  They also fight each other for
a few minutes and some of that is two on one fighting.  I learned my
youngest son had decided to be one of the black belt judges so he won't take
his fourth degree test until June.  A friend of ours, who is a Christian,
was leading the group of students and giving them all the commands they had
to do.  He is a Denver police officer and he place the base guitar like
nobody I have ever heard before.  Sandy played the drums on a worship team
with him once several years ago when we were members of the same church
where this guy's dad was the pastor.  He has his own Karate school and the
black belt tests are at his school.

Phil.

Victory Isn't Something You Have; It Is Who You Are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com