ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:10:35 -0600
Kathy,

I've arranged many lyrics with chords in simple word docs, never melody.
I'll just make a simple chord/lyric sheet and also have a sound recording
of it as I've always done. You really don't need anything more than that
unless you are writing instrumentals and formal scoring. If I write
anything worth pitching to someone or putting on my own CD, I'd probably
get some musicians to help out with a better demo or complete
instrumentation and vocals, but you still don't need a formal arrangement.

Brad

At 10:58 AM 11/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Brad,
>How will you eventually get your music onto  sheet music:  I mean,
>melody and chord progressions and so forth?
>Kathy
>

>At 10:34 AM 11/26/2005, you wrote:
> >Vicki,
> >
> >I've been writing, or otherwise focusing on it daily, with exception of
> >Thursday. Like you mention 30 minutes just doesn't do it. Sometimes it is
> >just sitting and thinking of how a particular song idea will go, sometimes
> >it is writing and working out words, and sometimes it is working out a
> >groove and melody on guitar and  follow what seems to bubble up. Sometimes
> >it is easy to get into  a bit of a rut with similar chord progressions,
> >grooves, melodies and etc., so sometimes a little time away or listening to
> >a different genre helps that. This is where working with a co-writer also
> >helps. There's a few songwriting organizations around these parts I'll hook
> >up with probably after the holidays unless they have meetings yet before.
> >Thanks for following up.
> >
> >Brad
> >

> >At 12:57 AM 11/26/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> > >How's that writing coming in those 30 minute spurts.  I agree with you on
> > >the time.  It takes a few minutes to get the mind focused in that
> direction.
> > >It's a good thing it's you instead of me.  The first 30 minutes would be
> > >spent in getting the mind focused and the second 30 minutes for writing,
> > >maybe.
> > >
> > >Vicki
> >
> >Brad
> >
> >    Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is
> offering
> >   Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!

Brad

   FREE classified ads at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Try our "Talking Classifieds". Serving NW Wisconsin & Greater Twin Cities
area!