ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:15:22 -0600
this morning we discovered that Chester, our parrot, had picked his lock, it
was half broken any way, and got out of his cage.  He was still on top of
the cage, picking at the pictures behind his cage, and trying to pull them
off the wall.  I fixed the lock but then later, my son came over, and put a
chain around the door and the bars with a clip on it.  The clip was from an
old dog's chain.  Yep, Chester figured it out, too, tonight and got down on
the floor and started running around.  One of the dogs caught Chester in her
mouth but didn't bite down.  Gretchen pulled Chester free and we got him
back in his cage.  Yes, he is fine.  We have a large thicker chain around
the door and bars now holding the gate shut with a padlock that takes a key
to unlock.  We will be ordering a new lock from the California manufacturer
who builds the cage we use tomorrow.

Additionally, Sandy thought tonight that one of the basset hounds had
climbed up on a chair, pushed his head through a large hole in the nylon
screen, and jumped out.  Gretchen and I went running outside calling his
name over and over again but couldn't find him.  Sandy came out into the
front yard and began calling his name and just then, I got an idea.  I went
into the house and into our front bedroom.  This is now a spare room because
Gretchen and the boys live in our basement apartment.  We keep our dog cages
in this room for feeding times and when we have church and the like.  I
closed the door to listen because I thought Barney may have gotten into this
room by accident.  The dogs often get into this room when someone goes in
there.  We store paper goods in the closet of that bedroom.  I listened.
There he was!  Somehow, Sandy had gotten mixed up, apparently, after feeding
the dogs and put Barney into his kennel.  Boy, was he happy when I opened it
up and let him out.  Barney is a very friendly basset hound and he had heard
us yelling for him and he always comes but when you are in a cage, it is a
little difficult to get out of on your own.  Unless, of course, you are
Chester.  Thank you Jesus for keeping Chester and Barney safe for us today.

Phil.

Victory isn't something you have, it is something you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com