ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:31:22 -0400
A friend sent me this, very funny!!!

After the spring break, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent
the holidays.  One youngster offered the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa.  They
used to live in a nice brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they
moved to Florida.  Now they live in a place with lots of other grandmas
and grandpas.  They live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to
look like grass.

They ride around on huge tricycles and wear name tags because they don't
know who they are anymore.

They go to a big building, called "The Wrecked Center".  They must have
fixed it, because it looks pretty good now.

They play games and do exercises there, but they don't do them very
well.

There is a swimming pool, too, but they all jump up and down in it with
their hats on.  I guess they don't know how to swim.

At the gate, there is a doll house with a little old man who sits in it.
He watches all day so nobody can escape.  Sometimes, though, they do
manage to sneak out.  Then they go cruising in their golf carts.

Grandma used to bake cookies and other neat things, but I guess she
forgot how.  Nobody there cooks, they just eat out, and they eat the
same thing, called "Earlybird", whatever that is.

Some of the people can't get past the old man in the doll house.  So the
ones that escape bring food back to the wrecked center and call it, "Pot
Luck".

My Grandma says Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment, and
says that I should work hard so I can be retarded some day too.

When I earn my retardment, I want to be the old man in the doll house,
then I'll let people out so they can visit their grandchildren.