ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:36:55 -0500
Ned,

I know you'll follow God's leading on your opportunity to give the message
on the eighteenth. I pray it is clear to you what he'd have you say.
Churches, as organizations are indeed almost like a business, there is a
practical side to making wise decisions when they are obvious. However,
churches have a distinct advantage over a simple business when it comes to
decisions that are tough, or are not inherently bent to God's word. They
have prayerful consideration and leading of God to make the right one.
Also I tend to agree that if God is using a vessel, he will certainly not
let it fall, but the interference of his people will indeed  have a
negative affect. The hurricane donations and economic concerns certainly
do not help the inflow of church funding unfortunately. I am a proponant
of tithing, not to be blessed, but for the stability of church finances.
Does God "need" it? No, I suppose not, but then he doesn't  "need" us
either. If we are faithful to him, he is faithful to us, and his word says
he'll not abandon us and provides for us.

Brad