ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:10:43 -0400
Thought this might bless you today!  I copied and pasted to rid you of all
the extrat stuff.

Ned

CCF   Survival Guide
Friday  8/26/05
Broken
"[THE SACRIFICE ACCEPTABLE] TO GOD IS A BROKEN AND CONTRITE HEART."
PSALM 51:17 (AMP)

There are two types of brokenness in the Bible.  One is the result of being
hurt
and mistreated. The other is when we do something wrong and aren't just
sorry we
got caught, but genuinely regret grieving God. That kind of brokenness
softens our
hearts, removes rebellion, and clothes us with humility.
Ever seen a cowboy try to tame a wild horse?  The first time he jumps on,
the horse
has a fit - it bucks and kicks until he's thrown off.  But gradually, as the
horse
is broken, it becomes gentle and a joy to ride.  It is  the same with us.
When we
first come to God our flesh is wild and out of control, so He puts His
"spiritual
reins" on us and harnesses our energies into doing His will and not our own.
Now
instead of living by our impulses, we follow the leading of His Spirit:
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however,
it produces
a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it"
(Hebrews
12:11 NIV).
If you're struggling with God's correction today, exchange your struggle for
a snuggle.
That's right, snuggle up into His arms and say,
"Father, I ask You to break me and make me the person You created me to be.
Help
me to accept Your discipline and begin making the changes You require, for I
long
to please You in all that I do."
(c)2005 Timothy L. Hudson, UGA Christian Campus Fellowship