ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:16:10 -0700
Hi Phil,
I think that's why I am so adament against that stuff, because I played and
sang them without know what was going on, because I wasn't into the drug
scene.  After I came to Christ, we sung some of these thing in churches.
Then later, I found out what the songs were saying.  I was disgusted with
myself, first of all, because I bought the lie, and had performed many of
these songs.  Then I was angry with the groups--they laughed all the way to
the bank.

Sure, you can say that Jesus is the bridge over troubled waters, and that's
how we are to be, as his disciples--that's fine till you get to the last
verse.

Then, there is all this other stuff called cross-over, where you can't tell
who the artist is singing about, but the words are written nebulously enough
where it could be someones love, and then again, it might be Jesus.
I think that might be one of the things the bible calls "handling the Word
of God deceitfully.
Vinny