ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:02:06 -0600
I Can fly

by Phil Scovell

     A pastor of a church of several hundred members called me
from another state.  He had seen my website but, as is so often
the case, he put off calling.  Eventually, however, he did call.

     He began by asking me some targeted questions to make sure I
was indeed a Born Again Christian and not some cultic crackpot.
When he discovered we were both on the same page theologically
speaking, we set up a time to pray over the phone.

     In a period of about a week, we prayed just twice.  Why?
First, this pastor had already experienced a dozen or more prayer
sessions with those doing the same intercessory prayer ministry
that I do.  So, he had already experienced a great deal of
emotional healing and renewing of the mind.  Secondly, he received
such a spiritually intimate and powerful mind renewing experience
in the second prayer session, he hasn't felt he needed to call.
If, and when, he feels he needs more prayer, he knows my phone
number.  Do you?

     In this particular case, this pastor, since the nature of his
concerns could have created problems within his church, it was
wiser for him to seek agreement in prayer elsewhere than from
within his own church.  Additionally, the first time he called was
about an hour after the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "Pray
that a pastor calls you."  I stopped and prayed for a pastor, whom
I didn't know, of course, to call.  He did.

     It is this pastor's second prayer session I want to touch on
so you can see how powerful the renewing of the mind can be.  I
won't detail all the childhood aspects which created pain and
woundedness  in this man's adult life but I will tell you how the
second prayer session ended because I know it will bring personal
encouragement.

When, in prayer, we reached his true feelings at the moment of the
painful event, he was, at the time, a little boy of about six
years of age, the lie embedded in that event was exposed and the
Lord spoke His truth to the little boy at that moment.

     As we began to talk briefly about what had just happened to
him, he said, "Wait.  Something more is happening to me."

     I waited until he began speaking a few short moments later.

     "I am in a swing," he began, "and Jesus is standing behind
me.  He is pushing me and I am swinging higher and higher.  Wait!
Now I leaped out of the swing as it was high in the air and I am
flying around as free as a bird.  Now I am looking back at the
swing where Jesus is standing.  He is saying something to me."

     "what is He saying?" I asked curiously.

     "He is saying, See?  I told you that you could do it."

     Did you know that Jesus can heal you in the same way and just
through agreement in prayer?  Did you know that you, too, can fly
away and be freed from the pain and woundedness that keeps you
bound to earthly reason and concern?  It is true; you, too, can
fly because Jesus said so.

Safe Place Fellowship
Phil Scovell
Denver, Colorado