ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 08:51:15 -0400
Hi Guys,
        Okay, I'm crying now.  Today was awful!  I don't know how many more of
these I'll have to go through, but I hope not many.  To begin with, we were
the last case to be heard.  Isn't that just always the way of it?  Well,
the court appointed lawyer went to talk to chris and, of course, chris
wants to come home so the lawyer  is trying to pressure us to take him home
because Chris is his client.  But, on the other side of us was the
probation officer telling us that if Chris comes home, Caleb and Liz might
get taken away.  Of course, we had to choose them, but we never had a
chance to talk to Chris.  I couldn't touch him or anything.  The only thing
that he heard from us was when we were in the court room and the judge
asked us if we were willing to assume custody.  All Chris heard was Greg
saying "no," and my sniffling in the background.  then, I heard the chains
clinking that were on his legs, as they led him away and that was it.  Now
we have until May 24 to try to get a support team together before he goes
before the judge again.
        As soon as I got home, I put a call into the lady who attends our church,
who is the secretary to the director of the facility where Chris is.  I
told her everything and I begged her to tell the chaplin so that he could
go and explain what we were up against this morning, to Chris,   and why he
is still there.  I'm also hoping that the chaplain will call here so that
we can talk to him directly.
        Of course, a third concern is that Chris recognize that it is his actions
that have brought us to this point and that he doesn't see our refusing to
take him back home with us today  as one upmanship, or our way of getting
back at him or something.  I'm praying that the chaplain can help him see
that reality as well.  It was so hard to be there and not be able to at
least give him a hug or something, but that just isn't allowed.
        Oh guys, I don't want to keep dealing with all this.  I'd like to start a
different chapter in my life or something.
God bless,
Kathy