From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:22:25 -0700
that antron 99 is actually an unbelievably diverse antenna.
It works obviously very well on 10, but also 17, 20, and if you have a
tuner, 40.
Even 6 meters if you take off the end section.
For a chicken band antenna, its reasonably well designed.
If you do some minor modifications and use long lengths of wire instead of
the regular 11 meter ground plane kit, you could probably even make it tune
up on 80 to a certain extent.
I think part of the reason is that it doesn't have a trap to prevent RF
below 26MHZ from passing  through...thus allowing it to work on frequencies
who's wave lengths are multiples or divisibles of the 28MHZ half wave
length.
I say all of this bassed on how it performed when i used it for a short
while, but i have not actually checked with an SWR meter to see how
outrageous the match really is on the various bands...and i wonder how much
head room there is in the tuning rings at the bottom.
I may have to put mine back up for a few tests to see how well it performs.

73
Colin, V A6BKX