From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:48:20 -0500
Rich,

I'm not sure that Kenwood takes any special interest in accessibility
issues for blind people.  I suspect they are more interested in
access for people driving cars.  In fact, somewhere in one of the
manuals for the 480, it specifically states that the engineers were
trying to design a rig that could be operated with less need to look
at the display.  Personally, I think that kind of design would be a
sensible approach for all manufacturers, and I'd be happy to ride on
the coattails of drivers if it meant getting a radio that was easier
for me to use.  Maybe we should think more along those lines when
talking about speech to manufacturers.  After all, there are more
drivers than there are blind people out there.

Steve