From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:24:44 -0600
no i havent done any yet.
It might be expensive if you are using the really high frequencies like 10
giga hertz for moon bounce, but moon bounce can be achieved on 70
centimeters too, you just have to use a very directional antenna, which, at
that frequency is not hard to build and isn't all that large.
At the ten gig range you are using parabolic antennas anyway which either
have to be custom made or camercially bought, and i suppose that could get
expensive...however, most people build their own equipment for stuff past
2.3 gigs anyway.
Check out google for websites on moon bounce and find out what guys are
using and what frequencies they are using.
You will get allot of stuff that is up in the 5 gig and up range, but there
has to be some sites talking about 70 centimeter SSB moon bounce.
73
Colin, V A6BKX