From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:01:18 -0600
it might be a nice small, cheap radio, but it is just that, cheap.
From what i have read and experienced from others that have used the ts50,
it has its share of problems...and, it doesn't have the ears that something
like the 480 or TS570SG has.
Danny, you are looking for something simple, and not too menu deep that you
can take back packing, you simply will not find this type of rig on the
market that is small enough to take back packing, yet has enough user
controls that are not all buried in menus.
That said, however, you could consider a QRP CW rig that you could build, or
have built, that would be very small and contain no menus at all....you
really have to consider what you want, and what is availible out there.
Even the TS50 is fairly menu driven..not so much as the FT 817/857 or
IC-706, but still has them, and completely non-accessible with regard to
speech and being able to set menus up without a step by step guide or some
sort of sited assistance.
73
Colin, V A6BKX