From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:53:45 -0400
Tomi,

Part of being a ham is  being cheap and trying to make your own repairs
whenever possible.  If you  can find the spot where the chair  chrushed the
wire, perhaps you can carefully  slice the outer  jacket and  look for a
broken or shorted wire.

It may be beyond you at this point, but   such repair skills and the ability
to solder are things that will come in handy as a ham.

Good luck, Steve KW3A