From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:36:06 -0700
I'm not sure what all this nestalga is for the equipment of old.  I too
use to use a crystal calibrator, count the turns of the knob and so
forth.  did I love the rig, of course I did.  Would I go back to that old
rig, not in a million years.  In those days, a couple kc was good enough,
not in today's digital modes.  I keep my radios within ten cycles for this
reason.  Stuff we regularly hear on ten today, wasn't even heard on the
tube rigs we ran back in the late sixties or seventies.  I've owned lots
and lots of radios since 1968, liked all of them.  Some I wish I'd kept
for sentimental reasons, but would I trade what I have now, no way!!!
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr