From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:21:06 -0500
Hi, Y'all!

I rarely write to this list, but when I do, I usually have something
momentous to say. So, sit back with your favorite beverage, and I'll get to it.

I've been a ham now for forty-four years, operating 99% CW on the HF bands.
During the past forty-four years, I've seen ham radio go down the tubes, so
to speak. I remember my first QSO on 40 meters with Dave, K4SUE, and how
nervous I was! This was back during the time when you had to be
crystal-controlled and had one year, no renewal, to upgrade to either
Technician Class license or General Class license. Hamming was so much fun
back then, because one never knew just who they'd end up talking to or
making lifelong friends with! I had CW romances that would make one's ears
burn! I participated in contests, just to see what I could work in
twenty-four hours from my bedroom at home! I met both of my spouses through
ham radio, and the last one passed away in 2001.

I'll continue my memories in the next message you see from me.

88's and 33's where appropriate,
Reeva Parry,
AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN:  K8DMU!