ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:56:26 -0400
I am not against giving, I just think it should be responsible,  I have
heard people say you should forget your car payment, after all, what did you
love more? Your car, or the Lord,
I have always wondered about the 10% thing anyway, wasn't that from the Old
Testament and  a part of the law. If Christ came that we might be free from
the law, why this figure?  Wouldn't it be better to simply ask God, and give
what you feel He says?  I have a friend, she and her husband are soo certain
that they must give at least 10% they will give it, even when that means
they only have $25 for food for a week.  Is that what God wants?  Their
thing is if they are doing what they feel God wants He will take care of
them.  But my question to them, (and mind you, it makes them sort of angry)
is who said you should always give 10% no mater what?  Was it God or your
pastor?  It's almost as though they are paying God off, sort of like one
would pay off the mophia for protection?  Is that the kind of God we serve?
So now that I've stired up a lot of brouble, I'll go!!!
Rhonda