ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:09:44 -0500
First off, as I mentioned in an earlier post, my wife went in for surgery
today. I'll warn you of a hack job on the spelling coming up *smile*. She
went in for removal of the uterus which contained a fibroid. The plan was
to make thre very small incisions and remove the unneeded parts through
nature's path . I digress. The doctor in turn had to make a larger
incision in the abdomen for removal as he said the fibroid was in his
words, "huge". How huge I don't know. This will increase her recovery time
and restrictions so prayer is appreciated on that as she scheduled herself
off of work for two and a half weeks all up and then having some hired
help come in as needed for lifting and etc. They say 6 to 8 weeks for not
returning to work generally. Additionally they removed  one of the ovaries
due to anamitriosis I believe pronounced, anna-me-tree-osis. Non-cancerous
lining of the womb which grew into the ovary. So overall things went well.
She was feeling rather out of it yet when I left her but doing very well
from what I expected.

Now, onto another medical issue in our family. Some time ago I asked for
prayer for an uncle of mine who had throat cancer. He was doing well after
quite a battle, but now again in the hospital and he is refusing
treatments and does not want to go through it all again. He has said he'd
rather just let it up to Jesus at this point. They are, of course, trying
to convince him to try it, but he is just tired of fighting it all. God's
will be done. They said if he doesn't have treatment that he doesn't have
real long. I don't know what that means. When my wife gets up to speed on
her recovery, I would like to ride down to Milwaukee area for a visit.
I've not seen or talked with him since my brother's funeral in 98. This is
the guy who not only encouraged me, but inspired me to play guitar and I
am extremely grateful for that.

On a more lighter side, minus a couple small items, the refinishing of our
lower level is done. I have yet to glue down a few trim pieces, install a
few base cove mouldings, build a in-wall shelf/box for a TV and fix two
blasted plumbing joints that I can't get to stop dripping. The day care is
moved down there and ready for final inspection next week. I am so glad it
is done, and now have an office of my own on the main floor. I am really
jazzed about that and it will be very nice when things pick up here in a
couple weeks.

Thanks for praying as needed.

Brad