From:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:08:45 -0400

10 respondents eat Captain Crunch without a problem
20 respondents eat Oats...mainly McCann's but a few other brands without a
problem
12 respondents warned against oats period....2 actually tried them and
reacted

Obviously there are mixed opinions....I am sure you are all aware that even
the  McCann oats cannot be guaranteed gluten free 100% of the time. No one
slammed me...we are all here to learn and I thank each and every one who
responded.

My daughter has had Captain Crunch....a small bowl.....for the past three
days and feels fine. She had a gluten accident (Starbucks Mint Mocha Chip)
a few weeks ago and did react so maybe she can handle them. I think that she
will tire of them anyway but maybe oat products, once in awhile, can be
worked into her diet. I am so happy that at 19 years old she refuses to
drink alcohol, smoke "anything" or eat fast food since most of her "healthy"
friends do this on a regular basis. I will try to chill about the cereal and
trust that if isn't the right choice that she will realize it before too
much harm is done.

Once more my listmatescame through for me... my daugher also thanks you...I
do the leg work for her so she has more time to enjoy being 19, with
restored good health thanks to all the good information you have all shared
with us.

Kathy B