Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:06:15 -0500

While I think it is fantastic that Valerie has not had any incidents
regarding meds, some of us have had different experiences.

In 1991 I came close to dying from celiac.  Undiagnosed at the time,
I was put on a "trial" gluten free diet.  I did recover some, but
went down hill again. I had lost 85 pounds in 6 months.  I was having
neurological problems - losing the use of my left hand, fingers and
toes.  At the advice of a dietitian (who probably saved my life) I
was told to check my medications.  Nine of the 11 meds I was on had
gluten in one form or another.  When I went off the meds - I began to
recover. It took a year for me to become functional again.

Those medications could easily have killed me.  I was told had I gone
on another week or two that I might not have recovered.

Recently, I had severe reactions to antibiotics containing gluten.

While I realize that this, too, is a personal viewpoint, I feel that
those on the list need to realize that there are very diverse points
of view regarding taking risks with one's health.

I personally do not wish to play russian roulette with my life.

deni weber
Valparaiso, IN  USA

--
Confidentiality Notice: Please remember that email cannot be
guaranteed a secure medium for transmission of confidential