From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:16:35 -0500

We are in Austin, TX.  Many of the victims of the recent hurricane are
coming to our state for shelter. Janet Rinehart and the Houston group have
organized to have GF foods for celiac victims.  The food will be set aside
and labled.  Janet, sent an e-mail to this list yesterday detailing that.

One of the members of our group here in Austin made arrangements with the
Gluten Free Pantry for any of us to send GF food to Houston.  She has asked
me to send it along to anyone who is interested.

Francie Kelley
Austin, TX

The Gluten Free Pantry will give a 10% discount plus free shipping on all
orders for Hurricane Katrina victims.  To order a case of something go to
<http://www.glutenfree.com/glu/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=1&ObjectGroup_ID=53>http://www.glutenfree.com/glu/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=1&ObjectGroup_ID=53

and scroll through the list.  Do not order anything that will need cooking
- no mixes, no microwave soups, etc.  There is granola and also energy bars
on that list that I think would be a good choice.  For instance
<http://www.glutenfree.com/glu/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=1379&CATID=1>#749C
CASE ANDI Bar - Blueberry Breakfast  A tasty and nutritional snack. Case of
15.
$37.67.  or
<http://www.glutenfree.com/glu/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=332&CATID=1>#810C
CASE ORGRAN MUESLI W/ FRUIT & ALMONDS  A wholesome way to start off the
day. 20% off our regular price. Case of 10.  $52.60.
The rep recommended, Dr. Schar's Breadsticks  # 381- case of 12 - $69.48
Dr. Schar Crackers # 383 $68.28
Natures Path Crispy Rice Bars Case of 6 boxes #737 (chocolate) #739 (berry)
#738 (peanut butter) $23.94
Glutino Breakfast Bars #245 (blueberry) #246 (chocolate) #244 (apple) $69.00
Glutino Snack Pretzels #G119C Case of 20 bags $39.40.

If you order by phone call (800) 291-8386 and tell them this is an order
for Hurricane Katrina victims.  They have the address but I've also
provided it at the end of this email.  You can also order online with Visa
or MasterCard.  Your 10% discount and free shipping will be reflected on
the receipt which you should receive within 24 hours.  They have been
instructed to write Gluten Free Food / Katrina on each box.

This is a great way for us to help out people who cannot be targeted by the
usual aid process.  Please consider ordering a case of food to send to the
Houston Food Bank, who has already agreed to keep the Gluten Free food
separate.  I also contacted the Dallas Food Bank, but they would not set up
a special procedure for GF food recipients.  I've tried to contact the
Salvation Army there who might be able to handle this, but haven't been
able to get an answer - they are probably swamped.

The Houston Food Bank

The Herzstein Center
3811 Eastex Freeway
Houston, Texas 77026