Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Cathy K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:41:51 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Thank you everyone who responded to my question about
TGI Fridays.  Your information was extremely helpful and
very much appreciated.  Below is a summary of the

I actually just ate at the TGI Fridays by Woodfield Mall in
Schaumburg, IL and asked the manager if they had GF
meals.  She said they didn't explicitly have GF Food, but
any of their chicken or veggies can be made without the
sauces.  I would just ask the manager on duty and they
should be very cooperative.

I posted in the archive about how unhelpful they were when i worte and I even posted their responce. I personally had loved this place for years and was awestuck that they refused to answer my question. My husband and i still continued to go there as it was one of the few place near us. We would never go out of our way to eat there after their utter disregard to our question. But at the one near us, my husband had a waitress check on the burger with no bun and fries and at that particular location they were fine. I would talk to the place you are going to and ask them to check on each item and bringa  dining card it makes all the difference in the world.

   I eat at the TGI Fridays in Grandville, Mi all the time.. I always get the sizzling chicken skillet. Theres one with shrimp and one without shrimp.. There both really yummy... Ive never had and troubles eatting there. I work at another resturant and we use the same food companies as them so ive checked everything where I work so I knew exactly what I could have and couldnt and the cheese is safe and the chicken is marinated but the oil isnt harmful for sprew in any way. Same for the mashed potatoes there safe. If you have any questions about dressings or anything I can try and tell you what I know. Hope you have a good time at fridays...

There is a TGI Fridays just east of Batavia -- I think it was the Lombard
location.  We were visiting our daughter-in-law and new grandbaby and we
went there for lunch.  We asked about suggestions for something to eat that
would be gluten free and the manager came to our table.  He went back to the
kitchen and prepared my husband's meal himself.  He had a huge salad and
then veggies and baked potato and some kind of meat that I can't remember.
This is the second or third time we have eaten at a TGI Fridays
successfully, but this time was the best.  It can be done -- I would call
ahead and talk to the manager and discuss it with them if possible.

I recently visited a TGI Friday's as a last minute unplanned stop.  I
ordered the mashed potatoes and veggie of the day.  Both were gf and I
had no problem.  I didn't even try to order a meat.

Yes, you're correct; it depends on the location.  I
have found the restaurant across from the John Deere
Pavilion in Moline to be very accomodating and I've
never had any problem there.

I had a great experience at TGI Fridays this past weekend. I talked the
the manager who was very understanding and told me that because they
deal with so many customers with specific allergies, they have adapted
many items to be naturally gluten free.  He recommended any of the Jack
Daniels Grillers items because that sauce is gluten free.  He assured
me that he would make sure that it was cooked on a seperate surface as
well.  They also said that the potato skins were fine and when someone
at my table ordered mozerella sticks, he came out himself just to make
sure that I knew they contained gluten.  Although this wasn't the same
location (I dined in Framingham, MA) I hope that this reflected the
company's training methods and that your experience is equally as
plesant.  Good luck!

My daughter and I were at our local TGIFriday's last week and I went on
the fly. I had plenty of food with me for her but I talked to the
kitchen manager to see if they had anything anyway. He had a server come
over who has cd. I was of course very surprise! She had researched what
she could eat and she said it wasn't much! The salads are safe, but I
couldn't remember what dressings are safe (my daughter doesn't eat
salads). The cheeses are safe and the grilled chicken is. She said to
have them cook it in a pan that has been scrubbed. That is about it for
their safe food.

I haven't checked the ingredients personally, but my gf son eats the jack
daniels steak and baked potato regularly with no problems.

My daughter and I had a bad experience at our local TGI's...although for "regular" meals I have always enjoyed them.
In the end, she had shrimp sauteed with garlic and butter...but it was a struggle getting there with no management support and a poorly informed wait staff.

They are a very uncooperative chain- many of us have called and tried to work with them, but they couldn't be bothered.  I'd get a Coke and call it a day!

My husband and I go to TGI Friday's frequently and I have never had a
reaction.  I usually order the sizzlin' chicken & cheese w/ mashed potatoes.
For appetizers I order the buffalo wings or the nachos.  Finally, I've had
the philly cheesesteak (no bread) and the french fries and I have never had
a reaction.  I have tried to contact Friday's directly to find out an
ingredient list, but I was unsuccesful in getting the answer I needed.

 Don't trust anyplace that does not have a GF menu.
Have them wrap a burger or chop in foil and put it on
the grill.  Have them use clean tongs or just pick it
up with the foil to not contaminate it.  Then a baked
potato or sweet potato. Make sure they do not cut the
potato.  They might use a bread knife.   Keep it
simple.

Again, thank you so much for all of your responses.  All of
your support helps tremendously!

Cathy