Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 17:33:37 -0400
From:
Jane Oswaks <[log in to unmask]>

My daughter is in Kindergarten and although she doesn't have all the other
allergies in addtion to Celiac Disease that your child does, her favorite
thing to take for lunch is something I believe your child could eat.

I take a boneless, skinnless chicken breast and pound it until it's very
thin.  Then a dredge it in rice flour seasoned with salt and pepper (or you
could use a gluten free seasoned salt).  I saute it in butter or margarine.
 Then I slice it into pieces she can pick up with her fingers.  I then put a
gluten -free B-B-Q sauce in one of those little measuring cups that come with
kids medicine (like the one on the top of liquid Tylenol)...so she has
something to dip the chicken in.  It's really just like chicken McNuggets
(but better!)  She loves this!  Then I give her  chips, carrots, fruit,
string cheese....whatever.  I make lunch for her everyday and I never run out
of things to give her.  I make Bette Hagman's Pita Pocket Bread recipe in the
Gluten Free Gourmet Cookbook, and use it for sandwiches...tuna, chicken,
cheese...whatever.  I give her cold meatloaf, Progresso brand Lentil Soup in
a thermos (another favorite).  The list is endless!